Friends and families are mourning the violent deaths of six people who lost their lives in four days of violence last week. Vigils and memorials started over the weekend and are likely to continue throughout the week.
The victims are:
- Shonell Corriea, aka Chris, a 22-year-old father from Northwest D.C. He was shot and killed in the 700 block of Quincy Street NW where he lived on Wednesday, April 6 at 9:40 p.m. Friends have planned a candlelight vigil for 6 p.m. tonight on Quincy Street NW.
- Reginald L. Williams Jr, aka Buster, a 22-year-old man from Northeast D.C. He was shot and killed in a double shooting in the 700 block of Yuma Street SE on Wednesday, April 6 at 11:20 p.m.
- Joshua Ruffin, aka Rocket, a 20-year-old Southeast D.C. man. He was shot and killed in a double shooting in the 700 block of Yuma Street SE on Wednesday, April 6 at 11:20 p.m. A candlelight vigil is planned for this evening.
- Raheem Jackson, aka Gunna, a 16-year-old Southeast D.C. teen who attended HD Woodson High School and played on the basketball team. Jackson was shot and killed in the 1300 block of Congress Street SE where he lived on Thursday April 7 at 9:25 p.m. A candlelight vigil is planned for Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. at the Fort Davis Recreational Center.
- William Parker, a 45-year-old man from Capitol Heights Maryland. He was shot and killed in the 2700 block of Elvans Road SE on Friday April 8 at 8:10 p.m.
- Kevin Andre Washington, aka Junior, a 20-year-old Northwest D.C. man. He was shot and killed in the 100 block of Irving Street NW on Sunday April 10 at 12:21 a.m.
If you know of other memorials, vigils and services that you would like to add to this list, you can leave them in comments or email them to homicidewatchdc [at] gmail.com.