Nine people died in DC homicides this week.
- Calvin Short died Sunday afternoon after he was found shot in the 400 block of Florida Avenue Northeast at approximately 3:30 a.m. No suspects have been arrested in connection with his death.
- A shooting in the 1300 block of Alabama Avenue, Southeast killed 18-year-old Marquette Hooks and injured another man on Sunday evening, according to MPD. Both men were taken to a local hospital; Hooks later died from his injuries.
- Jonathon Adams was found stabbed in the 4300 block of Halley Terrace, Southeast around 5 p.m. on Thursday. He was taken to a local hospital where he died later that day. On Friday, Jibril Abdul-Muwwakil was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder while armed in connection with the case.
- Tykia Dickerson was found less than 4 hours after Adams, shot in the 3600 block of Jay Street, Northeast.
- Brothers Khalid Jamal Bryant, 34, and Jason Emmanuel Bryant, 26. were fatally shot outside a church in Northeast DC, about a mile and a half from where Dickerson was killed.
- Billy Andre Harris was found fatally shot at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of 9th St Northwest.
- Police found 46-year-old Andre McIntyre of Northwest DC suffering from head trauma just after midnight Saturday morning. He died at a local hospital.
- The death of Earnest Jerome McWilliams, 33, was declared a homicide after he died February 22. McWilliams was found shot at about 2 a.m. on January 21 in the 4500 block of Benning Road.
Jashua Johnson was acquitted of all charges in connection with the July 2012 shooting death of 22-year-old Davon Brown. Jurors deliberated for less than four hours before delivering their verdict.
Lamonte Hill pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in connection with the June 2012 stabbing and shooting death of Brian Bloomfield. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dropped initial charges of second-degree murder while armed and a related weapons offense.
Sosefina Amoa pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in connection with the death of her newborn child.
Prosecutors rested their case in the trial charging David and Montez Warren with the May 2011 shooting death of Ervin Lamont Griffin. The defense is expected to begin presenting its case next week.
The government finished its closing arguments in the case charging Keir Johnson and Lester Williams with the shooting death of 21-year-old Jamal Coates.
Erik Postell pleaded innocent to the shooting death of Paul Aime Tanoh Danzo. Michael Smith was also arrested in connection with Danzo’s death but has since pleaded guilty.
Detra Martin, 48, was killed Thursday night in an residence in Southeast DC. Police say Martin died of stragulation and her death was ruled a homicide on Friday.
Jurors heard opening arguments in the trial charging David and Montez Warren with the May 2011 shooting death of Ervin Lamont Griffin.
The murder trial against Jashua Johnson began Wednesday with Judge Robert Morin. Johnson, 20, is charged with first degree murder and several assault and weapons offenses in connection with the death of 22-year-old Davon Brown. Prosecutors allege that Brown was an innocent bystander the night that he was killed.
The government rested its case in the trial charging Keir Johnson and Lester Williams with the shooting death of 21-year-old Jamal Coates. Defense attorneys for Johnson and Williams have begun presenting evidence on behalf of their clients.
Jamar George pleaded guilty to second-degree murder while armed in connection with the connection to the murder of 20-year-old Ronnie Speight Jr. George is scheduled for sentencing on April 25.
Grant Johnson was sentenced to 49 years in prison after being convicted of first-degree premeditated murder while armed, second-degree murder while armed, armed robbery and related weapons offenses in connection with the shooting death of Ricardo Mandrell Lancaster. Johnson has said that he intends to file an appeal of his conviction.
Jeffrey Mills was sentenced to 18 years in prison in connection with the beating death of Juan Antonio Paredes on January 15, 2012. At the sentencing hearing, Mills gave his condolences to Paredes’ crying mother and said he was acting in self-defense.
Anthony Campbell and Phillip Glover pleaded innocent to charges in connection with the death of Antwain Henderson. Campbell is charged with first-degree murder and remains held. Glover is charged with accessory after the fact in Henderson’s death and tampering with evidence. He remains on supervised release.
There were no murders in DC this week.
Tsihnik Cavallero, a 28-year-old Southeast DC man, was arrested Monday in connection with the shooting death of Marcus Minor last month. He was ordered held on Wednesday.
A witness believed to have been killed in connection with the murder trial of David and Montez Warren was identified as Ronald Smith. The trial is scheduled to begin opening arguments Tuesday.
Ercell Overton pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and two related assault counts in connection with the shooting death of Solomon James Okoroh. Overton signed an Alford plea agreement, which means that he accepts punishment without asserting guilt. Prosecutors will request that Overton receive a sentence of 25 to 28 years in prison.
A judge found probable cause for a charge of second-degree murder in the case against 41-year-old Robert Osborne. Osborne has been ordered into high intensity supervision while a grand jury investigates the murder of 20-year-old Vincent Purvis.
According to court records, Joshua Mebane, 17, intends to pursue an insanity defense in the connection with the 2012 shooting death of DC cab driver Qu